Sunday, May 2, 2010

Lighting Equipment

Okay so I get the equipment, after months and I do mean months of saving.  Here is what I have:

Off-camera flash: SB-900 (which is awesome by the way) and a SB-28 (older flash unit, but works great and cheaper)








Light stands and attachments for the flash units that hold the flash and umbrella called a umbrella adapter (see right), which you can go to any camera shop and buy them and they are around 20 to 30 dollars.
Two umbrellas and one Lumiquest soft-box






Trigger:  Okay so everyone talks about Pocket Wizards, but man, they are way too much money, so I got some off brand from Japan, and they work great.  I think I spent $36 and got three receivers and one trigger off of Ebay.  Its called Yonguno Digital, CTR-301P.  Now you can use your camera to trigger your flashes with the built-in flash, but it is too difficult, especially when you are not in the line of sight of the infrared.

No comments:

Post a Comment